Tuesday 27 April 2010

Are you sitting comfortably?


I came out of our house the other day to find Kit giving a lecture on Greek mythology to a passing lycra clad cyclist who had stopped to ask some directions. This seemed a little odd until I realised that the lycra was branded up with Garmin logos and this unsuspecting cyclist (and senior Garmin employee) was actually being told ALL about Calypso. To be fair he did seem pretty interested - who knows that chance meeting could be the beginning of a great relationship!

6 comments:

  1. Go Garmin. And Kit! How very exciting, fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we're jumping the gun a bit really but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit and Jessie, it is so exiting to see how Calypso is evolving and what a good work you are doing! As I said to Kit - I also plan to convert the powering of my sloop Vind (Marieholm 26) from the old Volvo Penta Marine Diesel to an electric inboard. So now I am getting lots of inspiration from you. Your solutions seems to be very smart in my view. However, I plan to install solar panels and a very decent temperature exchanger to keep the fridge cool with low energy consumption. Take at look at Oz Marine http://www.ozmarine.se so you see what I mean.
    Congratulation that you got a company that would like to use your boat to test and evaluate your prop, especially important when to get the energy generation efficient.

    Cheers! Elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elle, yes it's really interesting isn't it when you start to look into it. Kit has pointed out to me one of the other benefits of having a hybrid is that you can make the engine work so much more efficiently, which I hadn't thought of. We have been working with a company called Isotherm who make very energy efficient fridges - have you come across them?
    Good to hear you,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. And also you should check out the Quooker - that is really cool energy saving technology.

    ReplyDelete